Wednesday 8 August 2012

Butterflies in the Enchanted Garden


Thought id post some of previous "works of Cake-art" before I post new stuff im fiddling with.


These were my latest effort for my daughter's 1st birthday.






It was a butterfly party. My four year old son specifies that "lollies must be on a cake because kids don't wanna eat cake!"

The liquorice 'n' 100s/1000s ones are just for looks obviously!

 Cake inspiration was from MIL visiting a melbourne art exhibiton and coming back with a few photos of a wonderland scape. So - butterflies in the enchanted garden was created -

Most of the balls are dusted with edible glitter and the fruit sticks and spearmint leaves dictated the colours used for the rest of the coloured icing.

Produced 6/3/12. Took me around 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment